Study of Dispersion of the Ground Motion Intensity Measure of R/C Frame Minaret
This paper is investigated the dispersion of five types of Ground Motion Intensity Measures (IMs) of 3/D RC Minarets using incremental dynamic analysis (IDA). IMs are based on strong motion parameters of sample worldwide earthquakes and classified in terms of Efficiency, Practicality, Proficiency and Sufficiency of building design. IDA curves are used for showing the probability of structural damage due to earthquakes as a function of ground motion intensity measures. The aim of this study is to figure out which IM will give less dispersion of IDA curves of the R/C Frame Minaret of the Al-Rasheed mosque in Ibb-Yemen designed according to the ACI-318.
1. Harper, D., Online etymology dictionary. 2001. Availabe from: www. etymonline. com/index. php, 2007.
2. Pekgökgöz, R.K., et al., Dynamic Analysis of Vertically Post-Tensioned Masonry Minarets. Journal of Earthquake Engineering, 2013; Volume 17(4), pp. 560-589.
3. Goulet and Christine, Improving the characterization of seismic hazard for performance-based earthquake engineering design. Dissertations & Theses - Gradworks, 2008.
4. Bayat, M., F. Daneshjoo, and N. Nistico, A novel proficient and sufficient intensity measure for probabilistic analysis of skewed highway bridges. Structural Engineering & Mechanics, 2015; Volume 55(6), pp. 1177-1202.
5. Luco, N., Probabilistic seismic demand analysis, SMRF connection fractures, and near-source effects. 2002, Stanford University.
6. Shome, N., Probabilistic seismic demand analysis of nonlinear structures. 1999.
7. Polsak, T. and L. Nicolas, Probabilistic demand analysis using advanced ground motion intensity measures. Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, 2007; Volume 36(13), pp. 1837-1860.
8. SeismoSoft, S., A computer program for static and dynamic nonlinear analysis of framed structures. Available from URL: www. seismosoft. com, 2010.
9. Cornell, C.A., et al., Progress and Challenges in Seismic Performance Assessment. Peer Center News, 2000; Volume 20(2), pp. 130–139.
10. Padgett, J.E., B.G. Nielson, and R. Desroches, Selection of optimal intensity measures in probabilistic seismic demand models of highway bridge portfolios. 2008. 711–725.
11. Seismosoft v "SeismoSpect - A computer program for post-processing of groups of earthquake records ". Available from URL: www.seismosoft.com