The Nonlinear static analysis of Multistoried Building in Yemen
A large number of multi-story reinforced concrete (R/C) framed building structures in urban Yemen were constructed with masonry infills for economic, aesthetic or architectural reasons. We have investigated the effect of the layout of masonry infill panels over the elevation of masonry infilled R/C frames on the seismic performance and potential seismic damage of the frame under strong ground motions using nonlinear static push-over analysis based on realistic and efficient computational models. From output non-linear analysis, we compare Displacement and Base shear in the bare frame, infill wall frame, and ground, it is seen that at roof level, displacement at ground floor in the weak story is more than other two frames, and displacement in a bare frame is more than other two frames. Mostly hinges are formed in the beam than in the column.
2. FEMA-356, Federal Emergency Management Agency Prestandard and Commentary for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Building (Nov-2000).
3. FEMA-440, Federal Emergency Management Agency, Improvement of Non-Linear Static Seismic Analysis Procedure (2004-2005), Applied Technology Council (ATC-55 Project) 201 Redwood Shores Parkway, Suite 240, Redwood City, California, Federal Emergency Management Agency Washington D.C.
4. FEMA-273, Federal Emergency Management Agency, NEHRP Guidelines for the Seismic Rehabilitation of Building (October-1997), Applied Technology Council (ATC-33 Project) Redwood City, California, California Seismic Safety Commission, Washington D.C.
5. IS 1893(Part1): 2002.” Criteria for Earthquake Resistant Design of Structures”, Bureau of Indian Standards, New Delhi, 2002.
6. K. Kuran, C. Demir, O. Koroglu, C. Kocaman and A. Ilki(2007). “Seismic Safety Analysis of an Existing
1502 type Disaster Building using New Version of Turkish Seismic Design Code”, ECCOMAS Thematic Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering.
7. Chopra A. K. and Goel R. K.(2003),”A Model Pushover Analysis Procedure to Estimate Seismic Demand for Buildings: Summary and evaluation,”5th National Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Istanbul, Turkey.
8. Saeid Moussavi Tayyebi October 2014 “Nonlinear Analysis Methods for Evaluating Seismic
Performance of Multi-Story RC Buildings” Eastern Mediterranean University Gazimağusa, North Cyprus.