A SysML based hybrib photovoltaic-wind power system model
This paper presents a model of hybrid photovoltaic-wind power system based on SysML (System Modeling Language) which is a modeling language in supports to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) practices. MBSE refers to a formalized procedure of systems development through the application of modeling principles, methods, languages and tools to the complete lifetime of a system. Broadly speaking, the modeling of power systems is performed using software such as Matlab/Simulink, DigSilent, PowerWorld, ETAP, etc. These tools allow modeling considering a particular point of view depending on the objective that is to be assessed. SysML offers different aspects ranging from specifications and requirements, structure and behavior. This study focuses more specifically on the structural and behavioral modeling of hybrid photovoltaic-wind system; the main objective is to demonstrate the use of SysML in power systems’ modeling by developing models capturing the system’s major requirements, the structure and connection between entities, the interaction between stakeholders and the system itself and lastly, the system’s behavior in terms of transition between states.
1. L. Dellagatti, SysML Distilled: A Brief Guide to the Systems Modeling Language, 1st ed., Addison-Wesley Professional, 2013.
2. E. Huang, R. Ramamurthy and L. McGinnis, "System and simulation modeling using SYSML," in Simulation Conference, 2007.
3. OMG, "http://omgsysml.org/," OMG, 13 April 2014. [Online]. Available: http://omgsysml.org/. [Accessed 13 April 2014].
4. Y. Vanderperren and W. Dehaena, From UML/SysML to Matlab/Simulink: Current state and future perspectives, 2006. [Online]. Available: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=1656856 [Accessed 20 january 2017]
5. J. Holt and S. Perry, SysML for Systems Engineering, London: Institution of Engineering and Technology, 2008.
6. Y. Vanderperren and W. Dehaena, From UML/SysML to Matlab/Simulink: Current state and future perspectives, 2006. [Online]. Available: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/stamp/stamp.jsp?arnumber=1656856 [Accessed 20 january 2017]
7. T. Weilkiens, Systems Engineering with UML/SysML: Modeling, Analysis and design, Morgan Kaufmann, Heideberg, 2007.
8. S. Friedenthal, R. Griego and M. Sampson, "INCOSE model based systems engineering (MBSE) initiative," 2007. [Online]. Available: http://www.incose.org/enchantment/docs/07docs/07jul_4mbseroadmap.pdf. [Accessed 28 October 2007].
9. S. Friedenthal, A. Moore and R. Steiner, A Practical Guide to SysML: The Systems Modeling Language, Burlington: Morgan Kaufmann, 2008.
10. D. N. Luta, A. Raji and W. Fritz, "Application of Model Based Systems Enginering in the modeling of photovoltaic system," in Energy Technology Conference, Istanbul, 2014.