Design Technique of High Power Efficiency LLC DC-DC Converters for Photovoltaic Cells
This paper proposes a design technique of high power efficiency LLC DC-DC Converters for Photovoltaic Cells. The secondary side circuit and transformer fabrication of proposed circuit are optimized for overcoming the disadvantage of limited input voltage range and, realizing high power efficiency over a wide load range of LLC DC-DC converters. The optimized technique is described with theoretically and with simulation results. Some experimental results have been obtained with the prototype circuit designed for the 80 - 400 V input voltage range. The maximum power efficiency is 98 %.
1. Richey Ohtomo, Akihiro Nishiyama, Ryu Muto, Tsutomu Mizuno, Yinggang Bu, Naoki Miyao, Shigeaki Tsutiya, Minekuni Seki, LLC resonant power supply transformer using a plating line. IEEJapan. MAG-13-26, March 2013.
2. Wayne Water, Junwei Lu, Improved High-Frequency Planar Transformer for Line Level Control (LLC) Resonant Converter. IEEE MAGNETICS LETTERS 2013, Vol.4.
3. Koichi Morita, Ultra-low noise switching power supply, power electronics Journal 2005, Vol.30, pp. 4-11.
4. Sihun Yang, Seiya Abe, Masahito Shoyama, Design of LLC Resonant Converter Using Planar Magnetic Component. INTELEC 2009, Incheon, Korea, October 2009.
5. Yutaka Suehiro1, Kazuhiro Yamaguchi1, Youichi Ito, Current-Resonant DC-DC-converter Designed to Achieve 95% of Total Efficiency in Power Conditioner for Fuel Cell. INTELEC 2009, Incheon, Korea, Oc-tober 2009.
6. Yutaka Suehiro1, Kazuhiro Yamaguchi1, Youichi Ito, Current-Resonant DC-DC-converter Designed to Achieve 95% of Total Efficiency in Power Conditioner for Fuel Cell. INTELEC 2009, Incheon, Korea, Oc-tober 2009.
7. Hisatsugu Kato, Hirofumi Matsuo, Tsubasa Ito, Shuhei Kawazu, Daiki Kawahara, Satoshi Motomura, Ryota Hamaguchi, Power Efficiency Improvement of the Full Bridge Current Resonant DC-DC Convert-er. INTELEC 2011, Amsterdam, Netherlands, October 2011.
8. Vesa Vaisanen, Jani Hiltunen, Janne Nerg, Pertti Silventoinen, AC Resistance Calculation Methods and Practical Design Considerations When Using Litz wire. IEEE, IECON 2013, pp368-375, 2013.
9. Xi Nan, Charles R. Sullivan, An Equivalent Complex Permeability Model for Litz wire Windings. IEEE Conference Record of the 2005 Industry Applications Conference, Vol.3, pp2229-2235, 2005.
10. Richard Y.Zhang, Jacob K. White, John G.Kasakian, Realistic Litz wire Characterization using Fast Nu-merical Simulations. 2014 IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition, pp738-745, 2014.
11. Chihiro Kamidaki, Ning Guan, Takashi Shinmoto, Yasunobu Hori, Wires and Coils. Patent, Wo2013042671A1, March 2013.
12. Ke Jin, Xinbo Ruan, Mengxiong Yang, Min Xu, Hybrid Full-Bridge Three-Level LLC Resonant Converter –A Novel DC-DC Converter Suitable for Fuel-Cell Power System. IEEE Transactions on Industrial Elec-tronics 2006, Vol. 53, No. 5, pp. 1492-1503, 2006.
13. Ke Jin, Xinbo Ruan, Mengxiong Yang, Min Xu, A Hybrid Fuel Cell Power System. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2009, Vol.56, No.4, pp. 212-1222, 2009.
14. Yilei Gu, Lijun Hang, Zhengyu Lu, A Flexible Converter with Two Selectable Topologies. IEEE Transac-tions on Power Electronics 2009, Vol.56, No.12, pp. 4854-4861, 2009.
15. Reza Berianvand, Bizhan Rashidian, Mohammad Reza, Zolghadri, Seyed Mohammad, Hossein Alavi, Using LLC Resonant Converter for Designing Wide-Range Voltage Source. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2011, Vol.58, No.5, pp.1746-1756, 2011.
16. Sang-Ho Cho, Change Seop Kim, Sang-Kyoo Ha, High-Efficiency and Low-Cost Tightly Regulated Daul-Output LLC Resonant Converter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2012, Vol.59, No.7, pp.2982-2991, 2012.
17. Jun-Young Lee, Hyung-Jun Chase, 6.6-kW Onboard Charger Design Using DCM PFC Converter With DC/DC Converter. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2014, Vol.61, No.3, pp. 1243-1252, 2014.
18. Haoyu Wang, Serkan Dusmez, Alireza Khaligh, Maximum Efficiency Point Tracking Technique for LLC-Based PEV Chargers Through Variable DC Link Control. IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics 2014, Vol.61, No.11, pp. 6041-6049, 2014.