Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word format.
- All illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- A list of seven (or less than seven) names of potential reviewers with the appropriate expertise (research area) to review the manuscript are encouraged to be attached with your manuscript.
- Authors are encouraged to provide a graphical abstract as a self-explanatory image to appear alongside with the text abstract in the Table of Contents, if you have not done so already. Figures should be a high quality image in any common image format. Note that images displayed online will be up to 11 by 9 cm on screen and the figure should be clear at this size.
- To maintain the transparency and reproducibility of research results, authors are encouraged to make their experimental and research data openly available by publishing the data and files as "Supplementary Materials".