Design and Implementation of Task Reprocessing on Medium-large Multi-core Architecture
EDF-Based real-time scheduling approach is one of the efficient way of scheduling the recurrent real-time tasks in both soft real-time and hard real-time systems. EDF algorithms entile heavy overhead due to lower scheduling and huge migration. In this paper, an exploratory procedure has been presented for reprocessing of neglected task sets and also examine, whether an improved heuristic set attributed as Enhanced shared CAche Performance (ENCAP) can improve the shared cache performance which processes the task set based on Earliest-Deadline-First (EDF). An Object-Oriented real-time code reusable scheduling components which is designed from the scratch referred as LITMUSRT has been used to test the efficiency and average-case accomplishments where per task utilizations are shortened and overall utilization are not restricted. We also discuss the implementation and experimental evaluation of Task-Repo procedure for co-scheduling task sets, under the utilization of 50-60% (per-task) on small to medium-large multicore LINUX SYSTEM.
1. Erickson, J P.; Namhoon Kim, and James Anderson H. Recovering from Overload in Multicore Mixed-Criticality Systems. Proceedings of Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), IEEE, 2015, 1–10.
2. Burns, A.R.I.; Davis, P. Wang, and Zhang, F. Partitioned EDF scheduling for multiprocessors using a C = D task splitting scheme, Real-Time Systems, 2012, 48(1), 3–33.
3. Giovani, G.; Augu stoA F, Pellizzoni R, and Fischmeister S. Implementation and evaluation of global and Partitioned scheduling in a real-time OS, Real-Time Systems, 2013, 49(6), 669–714.
4. Lelli, J.; Faggioli D, Cucinotta T and Lipari G. An experimental comparison of different real-time schedulers on multicore systems, Journal of Systems and Software, 2012, 85, 2405–2416.
5. Pavan Kumar, P.; Satyanarayana CH, and Anandarao A. Generalized approach to enhance shared cache performance in multicore system. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Informatics-2016(ICCII-201j), Springer-AISC Series, Hyderabad, May 2016.
6. Pavan Kumar.; P, Ch. Satyanarayana, Anandarao A, and Radhika Raju P. Task reprocessing in Multiprocesor Systems. Proceedings of 1st International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Informatics-2016(ICIA-2016), ACM, Pondicherry, August 2016.
7. Xiang, X.; Bin Bao, Chen Ding, and Shen K. Cache Conscious Task Regrouping on Multicore Processors. In 12th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing, IEEE, 2012, 603–611.
8. Ramasubramaniam, N.; Srinivas V. V, and Pavan Kumar P. Understanding the Impact of Cache Performance on multicore Architectures. In: 4th AIM-2011, Springer-LNCS, Nagpur, April 2011, 403–406.
9. Intel Corp. Intel Unveils New Product Plans for High-Performance Computing. ttp://www.intel.com/pressroom/archive/releases/2010/2010 0531comp.html, 2010.
10. Calandrino, J. PhD Thesis on The Design and Implementation of a Cache-Aware Soft Real-Time Scheduling for Multicore Platforms. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2009.
11. Calandrino, J.; and Anderson J. On the Design and Implementation of a Cache-Aware Multicore Real-Time Schedule. In 21st ECRTS'09, IEEE, 2009, 194–204.
12. Calandrino, J.; and Anderson J. Cache-Aware Real-Time Scheduling on Multicore Platforms: Heuristics and a Case Study. In 20 th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, IEEE, 2008, 299–308.
13. Anderson, J.; and Calandrino J. Parallel real-time task scheduling on multicore platforms. In 27 th Real-Time Systems Symposium, IEEE, 2006, 301–313.
14. Devi, U.; Leontyev C, and Anderson J. Efficient Synchronization under Global EDF scheduling on Multiprocessor. In 18 th ECRTS'06, IEEE, 2006, 10–88.
15. Block, A.; Anderson A, and Devi U. Task reweighting under global scheduling on multiprocessors. In 18th ECRTS'06, IEEE, 2006, 131–140.
16. Calandrino, J.; Leontyev H, Block A, Devi U, and Anderson J. LITMUSRT: A testbed for empirically comparing real-time multiprocessor schedulers. In 27th IEEE Real-Time Sys. Symp., 2006, 111–123.
17. Anderson, J.; Calandrino J and Devi U. Real-Time Scheduling on Multicore Platforms. In Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, IEEE, 2008, 299–308.
18. Andersson, B.; Static-priority scheduling on multiprocessors. University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, 2006.
19. Anderson, J.; Anand Srinivasan. Mixed Pfair/ERfair scheduling of asynchronous periodic tasks. Journal of Comp. and Sys. Sciences, 2004, 68(1), 157–204.
20. Devi, U. PhD Thesis Soft Real-Time Scheduling on Multiprocessors. Chalmers University of Technology, Goteborg, Sweden, 2003.
21. Andersson, B.; Abdelzaher, T, Jonsson, J. Partitioned AperiodicScheduling on Multiprocessors. In International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium. 2003, 22–26.
22. Anderson, J.;b Anand Srinivasan. Pfair Scheduling: Beyond Periodic Task Systems. In 7th International Conference on Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications, IEEE, 2000, 297–306.
23. Burchard, A.; Liebeherr, J, Oh, Y, Sang, Son, Y New Strategies for Assigning Real-Time Tasks to Multimocessor Systems. IEEE Trans. On computers, 1995, 44(12).
24. Jia Xu. Multiprocessor Scheduling of Processes with Release Times, Deadlines, Precedence, and Exclusion Relations. IEEE Trans. on computers, 1993, 19(2).
25. UNC Real-Time Group. LITMUS RT project, http://www.cs. unc.edu/anderson/litmus-rt/.
26. UNC Real-Time Group. LITMUSRT homepage. http://www.cs.unc.edu/ anderson/ LITMUSRT Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium (IPDPS), IEEE, 2015, 1–10.