Authors and Readers Benefit from AWP’s Pledges to:
- publish thoroughly peer-reviewed journals of high scholarly impact
- maintain a quick publication procedure — manuscripts are published within 6-8 weeks of submission, provided that no major revisions are required
- publish full open access journals — readers can access all articles published on this platform for free.
For Authors and Readers Open Access Means:
- free availability of the literature on the Internet without any subscription or price barriers
- immediate open access once an article is released (no embargo period)
- authors retain all copyrights - authors will not be forced to sign any copyright transfer agreements
- permission of re-use the published material if proper accreditation is given (Creative Commons Attribution License)
Many funding agencies explicitly allow the use of research grants for the payment of Article Processing Charges (APCs) for publishing in open access journals. In addition, numerous institutes have created central funds to cover APCs.
Peer-Review and Editorial Procedure
All manuscripts sent for publication in our journals are strictly and thoroughly peer-reviewed by experts (this includes research and review articles, spontaneous submissions, and invited papers). The Managing Editor of the journal will perform an initial check of suitability upon receipt of the manuscript. Further the Editor-in-Chief or another academic editor of the journal will look at the manuscript before it is eventually sent for peer-review. The Editorial Office will then organize the peer-reviewing by independent experts and collect at least two review reports per manuscript. We ask our authors for adequate revision (with a second round of peer-review if necessary) before requesting the decision of the academic editor (usually the Editor-in-Chief of a journal or the Guest Editor of a special issue). Accepted articles are professionally copy-edited, English proofread and edited where necessary.
Long-Term Archiving and Copies of AWP Content
To ensure permanent access to our publications, we work with different partners to archive our content:
- A full archival copy of all publications is deposited in electronic format into e-Helvetica, the digital archive of the British Library.
- AWP has an agreement with EBSCO Industries Inc. to have the full-text of articles included in EBSCO Host for most of the journals.
- Authors are encouraged to self-archive the final version of their published articles into institutional repositories (such as those listed in the Directory of Open Access Repositories). For this purpose, authors are strongly encouraged to use the final PDF version published on the website of AWP.
For the purposes of record-keeping, AWP retains copies of submitted manuscripts and supporting files. However, for articles that are rejected we will comply with requests from authors to delete files.